October 20, 2006

I black...a poem

Something happened and I could not sign into my blog; tried the 'help' feature but to no avail. So I recreated it...that's why everything is dated 20 October 2006.

I have been up against deadlines. And now this blog log-in problem. Therefore no time for a proper post. I'll just say Happy Deepavali!

And share with you a poem written by an African child, sent to me by my friend Savitri. It was apparently nominated Poem of the Year (details not known) in 2005.

When I born, I Black,
When I grow up, I Black,
When I go in Sun, I Black,
When I scared, I Black,
When I sick, I Black,
And when I die, I still black...

And you White fellow,
When you born, you pink,
When you grow up, you White,
When you go in Sun, you Red,
When you cold, you blue,
When you scared, you yellow,
When you sick, you Green,
And when you die, you Gray...
And you calling me colored???

No comments: