November 10, 2006

Colour

Apart from continued pressure at work and home, two things have been bothering me: one is disgust with the subtle but persistent discrimination one faces in everyday life, and the other is about coming face-to-face with GenerationNext, and not being able to recognize them. Both depressing sociological issues which I think I will leave for the more intellectual human beings around me to talk about and publish on.

Since I am King, Queen and Jester of my blog, I will leave this here without saying anything more, and escape to my World of Happier Things.

Like colour. I love colour. I revel in it. Here’s a quote by Oscar Wilde that reflects what I feel about colour: Mere color, unspoiled by meaning and unallied with definite form, can speak to the soul in a thousand different ways.

I have uploaded some colour from my Kodak—the first photo (above) shows wish coconuts in a temple, and the second (below) is .....any guesses (if anyone is reading this!)?

8 comments:

chandra said...

Dear sadhana,

randomly browsing blogs i came across yours.the red toppings are interesting.. i fail to guess what it is. tell me.

your profile says you are interested in arts.. i invite you to visit me at:

chandrasart.blogspot.com

warm wishes

chandra

Sadhana said...

Answered direct to Ms Chandra, so others who see the photo don't cheat their way into 'guessing' what the image is! :)

Anonymous said...

Dear Sadhana,
The riot of colour in your pictures is beautiful.No one can imagine the paradox of a bitter thing being so colourful.
It is good you wrote about the names of the seasons in the Hindu calender.Children should know about them.

Sadhana Ramchander said...

Thanks...you guessed it right. Yes, it is a paradox...life itself is like that, isn't it?

Arundhati said...

I am guessing popayya fruit and its seeds? Although they are black... but possibly a variety?

Vasudeva said...

Pomegranate seeds?

Sadhana said...

Vasudev and Arundhati - I replied by email to keep the suspense here!

Maitreyi said...

I think it's pomegranate seeds too. let me in on the answer now. :)