July 31, 2007

In criticism of Airtel...

Friends, Hyderabadis, countrymen, lend me your ears;
I come to criticize Airtel, not to praise it.
The evil that Airtel does lives on and on;
The good is oft interred with their schemes;
So let it be. The noble Airtel
Hath told us their schemes were just:
If it were so, it was a grievous fault;
And grievously hath I answer'd it.
By dumping Airtel and their schemes, --
Airtel seemed an honourable company;
So are they all, all honourable companies, --
Airtel, Hutch, Tata Indicom...

Come I to speak about Airtel and the rest.
They pretend to be our friends, faithful and just to us:
But the world says they are righteous;
And the world is full of honourable men.
Airtel hath brought many hapless people into their schemes.
Whose pre- and postpaids did their general coffers fill:
Did this in Airtel seem righteous?
When that the poor have cried, Airtel hath laughed:
Markets should be made of kinder stuff:
Yet they say the rates are competitive;
And they are all are honourable men.

You did see that there seems to be no relationship
Between recharge, talk time and validity
Any which way we look at it, we lose: is this justice?
Yet our leaders say this is righteous;
And, sure, they are honourable men.
I speak not to disprove what Airtel does,
But here I am to speak what I do know.
We all did love Airtel once, --not without cause:
What cause withholds you, then, to criticize them now?
O judgement, thou art fled to brutish beasts,
And men have lost their reason! --Bear with me;
My heart is in the right place and my head too,
And I must pause till things get better with the wired world.

(With due apologies to William Shakespeare, and thanks too, for the inspiration)

5 comments:

Camiseta Personalizada said...

Oi, achei teu blog pelo google tá bem interessante gostei desse post. Quando der dá uma passada pelo meu blog, é sobre camisetas personalizadas, mostra passo a passo como criar uma camiseta personalizada bem maneira. Se você quiser linkar meu blog no seu eu ficaria agradecido, até mais e sucesso.(If you speak English can see the version in English of the Camiseta Personalizada.If he will be possible add my blog in your blogroll I thankful, bye friend).

Anonymous said...

Very interesting and true...Our ignorance is bliss for the company.....Airtel or Tata Indicom.I am a sufferer of the atricities of Tata Indicom.They are all the same.GOD SAVE US.

Sadhana said...

Thanks...I also wonder, if phone companies are able to make fools of educated people, what about the several cell-users who cannot read and write?

Anonymous said...

The choice is among devils. Choose the better of the lot or live without the service.
I've had worse experiences with Hutch and BSNL and so _had_ to be with Airtel.

Interestingly, I wanted to change my bill plan a few weeks ago and I sat with one of my learned colleagues and we tried to figure out a better plan among just two plans, for two hours and both of us gave up. That moment, I wanted to really meet the guys who designed these plans.

SADHANA RAMCHANDER said...

Anon 2 (who are the anons?!): Thanks for sharing your experience with me. Makes me feel a wee bit better that I am not the only one. Really...people MUST protest. How?