September 04, 2007

After an year of blogging...

It was in August 2006 that I hesitantly started blogging. I was not sure I would have the courage to write frankly, week after week. But I have written a lot – 20 posts in 2006, and 25 in 2007, so far, which is way more than what I had expected to write.

What has my blog given me?

Lens and Sensibility has given me a space to celebrate, a space to vent, a space in which to react to situations, a space simply to go to, at the end of a tiring day. It has given me an expression, an outlet for my creative energy…an outlet, where, unlike in the physical world, I do not feel constantly judged and assessed. I love freedom, and I cherish the freedom blogging allows.

I do not get too many comments; nevertheless, I thank the people who have communicated to me through their comments. Some people I know tell me they regularly read my blog and I tell them, Thank you. I love people who read my blog!

There is one person who almost always leaves a comment: Dharmabum from Pondicherry…I do not know him, yet he now seems like a friend, because of his regular comments, and because of his own blog (http://www.debum.blogspot.com/), which I read regularly. The famous Bishwanath Ghosh (Journalist, New Indian Express), who I admire, has also visited my blog, and left a comment, and I feel thrilled! Sometimes, there are comments from total strangers, and that is a reward in itself.

I always give credit to people to whom I owe something in life. I was inspired to start blogging by my friends Buchamma and Usha, and Bishwanath Ghosh’s blog http://www.bytheganges.blogspot.com/, which I discovered through his Sunday Express column. Thank you, friends, for this invaluable gift, and of course, to the best thing that happened to us in recent times: The Internet.

Lens and Sensibility has also made me discover who I am. Sometimes my writing disgusts me and I am very unhappy with myself; yet there are times when I am pleased with the reflection I see here.

And yes, my blog is also a place that allows me to dream. And that is important to me, because I believe that I dream, therefore I am.

11 comments:

the lyrical Sa said...

Congratulations on the milestone!

Here's to many more interesting stories!

Sadhana said...

Thanks! :)

Bishwanath Ghosh said...

Congrats, Sadhana.

The blog is a place that allows you to dream: one cannot agree more!

P.S. I am not 'famous'. I want to be, someday.

sadhana said...

Thanks, Bishwanath!

You already have a fan following through your column and blog...more will follow if you continue to write as honestly as you do. Best of luck!

Ramesh said...

I like your your blog!!! your style is fluid. Dream on and keep writing.Good luck for many more interesting stories & anecdotes.

Ramesh

Name is Shravanthi L Manikonda said...

Congrats Sadhana...I know how big a deal it is..because though I started blogging recently,it is a constant struggle to keep at it....and I can totally relate with u when u say it is an outlet,an outlet for ur creative enery and a place to vent,or just a place...for a lot of things...and the only post of urs that I started with,'women and dabbas'was very cute and funny!!hope to read all ur posts soon as soon as I can...

sadhana said...

Thank you very much, Ramesh and Shravanthi. Do visit again.

dharmabum said...

its been a while, no?

thanks for the link. i don't know why i come here - sometimes it is different things that attract me to blogs, not necessarily the content.

this is a beautiful post. blogging indeed is a blessing. oh, and i didn't know u read mine regularly - thanks a ton :)

Sadhana said...

Yes, it has been a while...I was wondering how come you didn't react.

Yes, I do read your blog but don't leave comments because you already have so many!

Thanks, again.

jaya said...

many happy returns of your blog.i do realise that it gives you a great satisfaction to share your thoughts and ideas with others.Happy blogging.

SADHANA RAMCHANDER said...

Thanks. Yes, my blog keeps me going.