November 11, 2009

Dream coming true...

This is why I was happy on Deepavali! My garden is thriving (see background post 'Dreams'). We not only have trees, but some shrubs and creepers as well. Some are even flowering now. We also painted a few walls with jaju (geru in Hindi). The place looks attractive and children and some adults come every evening to water the plants or to just walk around.

And what's more, we also have a table tennis table in our complex. We play every day...sport is back in my life! At one time it was my life...what I am today is because of sport...a post on this later when I have some time, for this topic is very close to my heart, and it is emotionally draining to write about it. One day I will.

In the meantime, have a look at these pictures.

This is how it was when we began

Children painting the drab wall

The little ones had a great time!

Children sowing dhania and methi

The completed wall

Cordia has begun flowering

...and so have some others!

Inauguration of the TT table

The inaugural match: Champ vs champ. We have ex-Champ---Coach Nagender Reddy--- and his son (Vighnay) who is the State no 1, living in our building

6 comments:

AJ said...

Dear Sadhana,

This is so great! Hats off to you for pulling this off.

Gautham.

Sadhana Ramchander said...

Thanks, Gautham. Few will realise what this means. I am sure you do.

Mayank Bhatnagar said...

I've always believed that happiness is hidden in small things. Thanks for the reassurance! Lovely post!

Sadhana Ramchander said...

Thank you, Mayank.

Anonymous said...

Sadhana- Now I do know why you were happy! Lovely corner- all you need is a mango tree and some koyal. It looks beautiful and artistic- My grandmother would have been delighted to see this.

Arundhati

Sadhana Ramchander said...

Thanks, Arundhati. The garden has made such a differemce to my life...there is something new happening every day. The other day I spotted a beautiful green striped butterfly; made my day!Lots of flowers blooming right now. I will post more pix soon.