February 20, 2013

Busy with MOOC


I haven't written in a long time. I have been busy with various things, one of them being the Massive Open Online Course (MOOC) that I am doing. The course I chose to do is called E-learning and Digital Cultures (EDC), and it is being hosted by the University of Edinburg, UK. I have about 41,999 classmates! I am learning a lot, discovering a lot, thinking a lot, and I am amazed at how many little windows are opening in my head. I am loving it!

It took me about 3-4 days to figure out how to do this course, and now, in Week 4, I am quite comfortable with it. I started another blog for the course, thinking that I would review films I am seeing, and the academic papers I am reading. But, I soon realised that I am taking on too much, and am now trying to restrict my activity to reading, seeing the films and participating in discussions.

The 5-week course ends next week, and I need to submit a digital artefact before it is over. I am working on it and should come up with something soon.

 This course is totally worth the effort, and if one can spend 2-3 hours a day, it can easily be done. Do check out Coursera...they offer several courses, and they are all free!

No comments: